It's been said you can't get good help these days...
Index to this section
...but you wouldn't know it from the excellent musicians that have contributed
to Ferenzik's two releases. Here's John's own take on his fellow travelers...
And what about the mysterious Evil Jack and Rev. Neil Liszt?
- John Anthony
- One of my oldest friends, going on 25+ years now. He's
a widely respected recording engineer in the business,
working out of Sigma Sound Studios (The Sound of
Philadelphia -- y'know, Teddy Pendergrass, The O'Jays,
The Spinners, etc.). I don't know how to sum up this
career simply. He's the main (if not the sole) reason
why my recordings are mixed so well.
- Jesse Gress
Aside from doing the Todd thing, Jesse is the music editor/
contributing writer for Guitar Player Magazine, and you can find
many of his guitar transciptions published and available at the
book/music store. My favorite book of his is "Guitar Shop" (Jeff
- Van Romaine
- Drummer for Steve Morse Band, plays / records
extensively in NYC.
- Chico Huff
- Bass, has played w/ James Taylor, Carly Simon, Livingston
Taylor, John Hall (from the band "Orleans").
Check out Chico's own home
- Andy Kravitz
- Drummer extraordinaire, most recently heard playing on
Joan Osborne's record, has played w/ Taj Mahal, also engineers /
plays on tons of hit records, R&B Rap R&R, you name it...
- Steve Beskrone
- Bass, currently playing w/ Jazz Guitarist Pat
Martino, has played w/ Ray Charles, and done time in Atlantic City
w/ everyone from Don Rickles to Charley Callas (I'm not making this
- Frank Gambale
- Guitarist (on "Tropic of Cancer" from WILD MAN OF
BORNEO). Toured/ Recorded w/ Chic Corea, Vital Information, (he's
played with everybody)
- Andy Timmons
- Guitarist (on "Annalee's Island" from DEVIL'S
PLAYGROUND). Toured / Recorded w/ the band "Danger Danger". Plays
/ Records /Teaches extensively in Dallas, TX.
- Ron Kerber
- Saxophonist extraordinare, tours/records w/ the band
"Pieces of a Dream".
- Daryl Burgee
- He's an amazing percussionist,
and has played on a ton of R&B records out of Philadelphia. Patti
LaBelle, Phyllis Hyman...and many others...(Oh yeah! you can hear
him play on a great record. Jef Lee Johnson's "BLUE" -- sort of a
jazz-y/hendrix-y record, independent release, but it should be
available at major record chains -- a great great guitar record!)
- Marc Rubin
- He's an old friend who happens to play great guitar.
Has also played on many recording sessions, although now
he's busy being a family man. I believe he does graphic
- Tom Cohen
- Fantastic local jazz drummer (Philly and NYC). Also a
neighbor and the owner of a shiny set of drums -- cool guy.
- Michele Harron
- She's the sexy voice on "Big Numbers", and
actually is a great session singer. She has sung
backup for the "Chet Bollins Band" and "the Hooters".
Plus (and this is important) she's way cool.
- Evil Jack
- He's a pseudonym for me when I'm doing miserable sound
engineering chores -- like editing leader tape or recording
- Rev. Neil Liszt
- Me again. It's a pun on "nihilist". Another alter
ego (I hope it doesn't seem too dysfunctional).
Quick access to other sections
The Releases |The "Help" |The Inner World
The World of FERENZIK is
brought to you by
Roger D. Linder
& Rocemabra Web Design Services